Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I know a girl...




I know a girl who holds on to her wound like it is magic…

I know a girl whose mother chose the pipe over her…

I know a girl who is afraid to be happy because it won’t last….

I know a girl who has loved too many to find the one…

I know a girl who picks at her scab because it hurts less than looking in the mirror…

I know a girl who never sheds a tear because they may never stop…

I know a girl who went up a mountain to take a chance….

I know a girl who burned her fears and regrets in a fire that reached to the sky…

I know a girl who was stripped naked of her labels, and began to choose who she wanted to be…

I know a girl who thought she had nothing to say, but found her voice and allowed others to find theirs…

I know a girl who raged against her past, and cleared a path to her future…

I know a girl who found her light, and changed her name…

I know this girl because she is in the wind that holds the whispers told on the mountain top

… she is us

.=


No comments: